Demonstrate a hovercraft with very common supplies.
- Approximately 10 minutes
- Ability to use a hot glue gun
- Ability to stretch a balloon tip over a nozzle (harder than it sounds)
- Begin by applying glue to the rim of the bottom of the push pull cap.
- Press the cap on top of the center of the CD.
- Apply more glue at the seam of the cap and the CD to ensure a good seal.
- Wait a few moments for the glue to cool.
- Now stretch the balloon over the push pull cap.
- Inflate the balloon by blowing on the underside of the CD and pinch the balloon to keep the air from leaking.
- You are ready to hovercraft!