Knowing how to change the filament in your printer is an important process to understand. Here is a video explaining the steps in the process:
Instructions for changing filament:
- Heat your hot end to the appropriate temperature.
- PLA: Approximately 200 degrees
- ABS: Approximately 220 degrees
- Retract the filament until it is free from the extruder
- Pull it free from the extruder.
- Insert the new filament into the top of the extruder and press the Extrude button.
- Continue pressing the Extrude button until the new filament comes out of the hot end tip.
- If it matters to you, continue extruding until the new color is no longer mixed with old color, and then extrude another 30mm of filament or so just to make sure.