What is Commenting?
Annotations by the programmer with the intent of making the code easier to understand or organize.
- Help other programmers understand your code and provide additional documentation and instruction.
- Instruction: Commenting helps with creating tutorials for youth where you can directly place notes and explanation within the code scripts.
- Organization: Larger projects with lots of blocks and scripts, especially scripts that are global, require some clarity and guidance. Comments are a great way to manage this.
- Good Practice: Commenting code is an excellent skill to develop since it is present in every single programming language.
- Helpful for letting your future self know what your intentions were when writing the code
- Makes collaborating with other programmers far easier.