This project is simple, fun, and allows for end results that can vary wildly. Feel free to add a “cup” onto the cannon to create a launch and catch game rather than a cannon. These are also great “prizes” for cardboard arcades. Watch for flying pom poms!
- 10-15 minutes
- Basic tape skills
- Tying knots in balloons (adults may need to help)
- Pool noodle
- Duct tape
- Cups are an optional add on
Add the steps involved:
- Cut your pool noodle into a 4″ – 5″ length.
- Cut the top of the balloon in half.
- Stretch the balloon over one end of the pool noodle.
- Tape the balloon onto the end of the noodle to secure it in place.
- Tie a knot into the end of the balloon.
- Load pom poms into the pool noodle and you are ready to launch!
Add a cup to the end to make a catch and launch game: