Straw rockets are a fun project that can be done almost anywhere with very few tools or supplies.
Approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Cutting skills (or pre-cut the fins for them).
- Straw Rocket Template
- Print on card stock for best results
- Tape (any kind)
- Bubble Tea Straw
|For smaller aged youth, use a Cricut or Silhouette to cut your fins for you.|
Add the steps involved:
- Begin by cutting out your fins. Each rocket will need two of the fin pieces cut out.
- Find the edge of the bubble tea straw that is angled. This will be your nose cone.
- Fold over the edge and tape it down to close the top.
- Flip your bubble tea straw over and tape on the fins.
- Fold one fin on each cut out so that you have 4 fins at different angles.
- Insert the flexible straw into the bubble tea straw and you are ready for countdown.