Have you heard of the Makey Makey and want to start using them with your youth?
The Makey Makey is an invention tool that gives youth of all
ages the power to create computer-based inventions with everyday
objects. In this hands-on, one day workshop, you will learn how to
use the Makey Makey to teach basic circuitry and make beginner
and advanced level projects using recyclable or easily accessible
supplies. Includes a Makey Makey Starter Kit! Attendees will
receive a certificate from Makey Makey as a trained educator.
Upcoming Events (Select a workshop to register)There are no upcoming events at this time.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- Integrate the Makey Makey into your curriculum
- Teach youth about the basics of circuitry and connectivity
- Use the Makey Makey as a medium for teaching design thinking and invention
- Integrate the Makey Makey into a variety of interactive projects
During the workshop, you will receive:
- Technical training on the Makey Makey
- Accessible projects for new learners
- Tips + Tricks for teaching circuitry to beginners
- ideas for a project pathway/progression
- Educational resources and project ideas
Kit Contents – Makey Makey Workshop Kit
- Makey Makey Classic, a $49.50 value
- Makey Makey Starter Kit with construction items
- 6-month subscription to online Makey Makey for Educators Knowledge Port
- After-school instructors
- Science center staff
- Classroom teachers
- Community organizers
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
If you are interested in paying by P.O. or invoice, please Contact Us
- Check out additional Educator Workshops at our Baltimore Tech Center