Are you interested in 3D printing but don’t know how to get started?
DHF wants to share our years of experiences, failures, and successes 3D printing with youth in our multi-day workshop for educators. In one of our most popular workshops, you will learn how to get started with 3D printing in your learning space as well as our 3D Printing teaching philosophy and hands on practice with the hardware and software. Plus, it includes a 3D printer, starter kit, and access to DHF’s online resources.
This workshop is eligible for credit: 2 CPD Credits through the Maryland State Department of Education.
Upcoming Events (Select a workshop to register)There are no upcoming events at this time.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe 3D printing and 3D printing uses
- Teach 3D printing to youth of many ages
- Select software that’s the best fit for your project
- Use your new skills and resources to share this leading technology with your community
- Comfortably control your 3D printer
- Address common issues and methods for troubleshooting
- Integrate 3D printing into your curriculum in a variety of applications
During the workshop, you will receive:
- A 3D Printer Workshop Kit (includes 3D Printer to keep!)
- Technical training on 3D printing hardware and software
- Easy-to-print files for new learners
- Tips + Tricks for optimal printing results
- Hardware and software guides and resources
- Educational resources and 3D printing project ideas
Kit Contents – 3D Printer Workshop Kit (an $700 value)
- 3D Printer – FlashForge Finder
- 3D Printing Tool Kit
- 1 spool of PLA Filament
- A 6-month Blueprint subscription
- Post-Workshop support through 3D Assistance
- After-school instructors
- Science center staff
- Classroom teachers
- Community organizers
- Anyone interested in teaching youth about 3D printing
What Educators Have been Saying:
- “Digital Harbor Foundation’s understanding of educators and tech make for a perfect combination when training educators in technology.”
- “Excellent teachers. Thank you for DEMONSTRATING items learned, and therefore catering to all of us visual learners!”
- “This was fantastic! Thanks for the support for integrating emerging technologies!”
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
If you are interested in paying by P.O. or invoice, please Contact Us
- Check out additional Educator Workshops at our Baltimore Tech Center