Have you heard of Makey Makey and want to start using them with your youth? Makey Makey is an invention tool that gives learners of all ages the power to create computer-based inventions with everyday objects. Our Makey Makey for Educators Workshop is a hands-on, one day workshop, where you will learn how to use the Makey Makey to teach basic circuitry and make beginner and advanced level projects using recyclable or easily accessible supplies.
The Makey Makey for Educators Workshop includes a Makey Makey Starter Kit! Additionally, attendees will receive a certificate from Makey Makey as a trained educator.
Upcoming Events (Select a workshop to register)There are no upcoming events at this time.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- Integrate the Makey Makey into your curriculum
- Teach youth about the basics of circuitry and connectivity
- Use the Makey Makey as a medium for teaching design thinking and invention
- Integrate the Makey Makey into a variety of interactive projects
During the workshop, you will receive:
- Technical training on the Makey Makey
- Accessible projects for new learners
- Resources and best practice guidelines for teaching circuitry to beginners
- Ideas for a project pathway/progression
- Educational resources and project ideas
Kit Contents – Makey Makey Workshop Kit
- Makey Makey Classic, a $49.50 value
- Makey Makey Starter Kit with construction items
- After-school instructors
- Science center staff
- Classroom teachers
- Community organizers
Makey Makey Projects
We’ve used the Makey Makey with youth from 1st to 12th grade. The Makey Makey is a tool that scales well with your experience level. If you’re interested in seeing some intermediate examples, here are two project guides that we wrote:
- Project 1: Makey Makey Switch Challenge: Frankenstein Lever
- Project 2: Makey Makey Switch Challenge: Scrolling Dial
Makey Makey is a powerful companion to the visual programming language Scratch. Our youth have created several games where the Makey Makey bridges the gap between physical and digital making. Here’s a blog post where we highlight a game created using Scratch and Makey Makey: Interactive Space Wizard Game and Controller.
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
If you are interested in paying by P.O. or invoice, please Contact Us