Have you heard of the Raspberry Pi and want to start using them with your youth?
Learn how to program and teach basic computer science with this incredibly powerful single board computer. This workshop content is informed by our experiences as Raspberry Pi Certified Educators who have developed and facilitated Raspberry Pi youth courses. This workshop includes content and instruction on how to integrate and manage a Raspberry Pi classroom set. The youth-facing content presented in the workshop aligns with units in the Code.org Computer Science Discoveries course.
Using a Raspberry Pi in a classroom setting is a low-cost medium and high-value learning environment. Since the Pi is a single-board computer, there are opportunities for inherent skill-building as youth learn to navigate the Linux operating system.
The workshop price includes a Raspberry Pi for Educators Starter Kit! We’ve put together this kit so that you’re able to go back to your learning space and seamlessly integrate Raspberry Pi experiences. The kit contents are informed by our youth-first courses and Raspberry Pi certified educator training.
If you’re looking for more information about a Raspberry Pi, check out this video.
Upcoming Events (Select a workshop to register)There are no upcoming events at this time.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- Integrate the Raspberry Pi into your curriculum
- Teach youth about physical computing
- Use the Raspberry Pi to teach beginner computer science and web development concepts
- Integrate the Raspberry Pi into real-world projects such as a web server
During the workshop, you will receive:
- Technical training on the Raspberry Pi
- Accessible projects and lesson ideas for new learners
- Instruction and guidance for teaching physical computing to beginners
- Ideas for a project pathway and progression
- Best practices and resources for setting up and managing a classroom set of Raspberry Pi
- Educational resources and project ideas
Kit Contents – Raspberry Pi for Educators Workshop Kit
- Raspberry Pi with SD card and power supply
- Monitor, keyboard, and mouse
- HDMI cable
- Access to the youth-facing curriculum
- 6-month subscription to Blueprint
- After-school instructors
- Science center staff
- Classroom teachers
- Community organizers
Upcoming EventsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
If you are interested in paying by P.O. or invoice, please Contact Us